Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our Bushi


Bushi is our pet. He is a parrot. My mom got Bushi when she was 20. The year was-1989. My Bushi is elder to me. He(my Bushi) loves my mom so much. He loves when my mom keeps him on her sholders. Even I love my Bushi a lot. Here's how my mom got Bushi-
   My mom's yonger brother was on his way to home from University campus and he found some children doing something behind bushes. Then he went there and saw that those cruel children some how caught a small parrot (that was Bushi) and were breaking his feather bone. My mom's yonger brother (my uncle) then scolded those children and took home Bushi (Bushi was very young at that time, probably 1 month) and gave him to my mom. My mom went to a veterinary doctor who gave some medicines and said to give those medicines to Bushi everyday till he stops bleeding(Bushi was bleeding at that time). My mom wrapped a cloth to her hand inorder to avoid scratches and bitings and gave the medicines everyday to Bushi. Slowly Bushi believed that mom would not hurt him and one day he himself went near my mom (my mom was cooking tomato lentil dish at that time) and he tickled my mom's leg. He then shouted "kuyam" and asked my mom to give him some of thing which mom was cooking.  My mom gave some to him and he ate it in a minute! Then slowly he started climbing my mom and started to sit on her shoulder. My mom's brothers used to call my mom "Umakka"(which means Uma sister). Bushi quickly learnt to say "Umakka" ! My mom felt very happy that day. Then Bushi started to follow where ever my mom went !

Thought-

God pours life into death and death into life without a drop being spilled.